Aero-Clean ® (AC) Type V
|Part Designation||U.S. Standard Sieve||Inches||Millimeters|
|AC-1||12/16||.066 – .047||1.68 – 1.19|
|AC-1.5||16/20||.047 – .033||1.19 – 0.84|
|AC-2||20/30||.033 – .023||0.84 – 0.58|
|AC-3||30/40||.023 – .017||0.58 – 0.42|
|AC-4||40/60||.017 – .010||0.42 – 0.25|
|AC-5||60/100||.010 – .006||0.25 – 0.15|
Irregular Shapes May Yield Up TO 15 Percent Size Deviation
3.5 Mohs Hardness: 1.10 – 1.20 Specific Gravity
Package – 275 Pound Drums or 55 Pound Boxes
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Approved under Mil-P-85891A Military specification for plastic blast cleaning media.
- Produces far less dust than walnut shells allowing for a clean, easily visible work atmosphere.
- Properly used, will not abrade or warp sensitive surfaces, allowing parts to be salvaged and money saved.
- Media is treated with anti-static solution which reduces dust, static, and keeps parts cleaner.
- Sharp, granular edges produce quick cleaning action in less time, saving money.
- All media is non-toxic and produces no silicosis hazards contributing to a safer work environment.
- Offers excellent longevity reducing finishing costs.
- Will not remove plating, anodize, and conversion coatings when properly used, allowing for very controlled blasting on delicate substrates.
- Dry stripping: Aluminum body ground vehicles (i.e., panel trucks) Fiberglass body vehicles Aluminum extrusions Aircraft components (wheels, brakes, landing gear) Any other coated or painted parts
- Deflashing thermoset plastic parts
- Deburring steel, aluminum and zinc parts
- Deflashing electronic components and assemblies
- Cleaning steel and aluminum molds