Glass Beads Potters
Potters® Engineered Glass Materials (EGM) business works closely with customers to provide value-added performance additives that uniquely improve customer formulations by lowering cost and increasing performance.
Our microspheres serve as functional additives in industrial applications such as weight-reducing fillers in plastics, polymers, and automotive body putties, as extenders in adhesives and paints/coating formulations, sensitizers in industrial explosives, electromagnetic shielding for electronic parts, and abrasive applications for cleaning and peening metal surfaces.
- Safe – Amorphous, no crystalline silica
- Particle – tight particle size doesn’t affect finish
- Hard – 6 on the Mohs scale, makes coatings tough
- Engineered – Designed particle size distribution, lot-to-lot consistency
- Round – True spheres, “ball bearing” effect
- Environmental – Glass is GRAS and inert
- Smooth – Low surface area per unit volume, not a resin “hog”